Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Forget Me Not


(source: http://www.knowabouthealth.com/10-pre-alarming-signs-of-alzheimers-disease/1679)


This incident of my forgetfulness is one that I could never forget.   I have been forgetful since my high school days.   But what happened last month was the funniest.  

I was at city hall.  Pat was somewhere in the city center.  Instead of him fetching me at the office, we decided to meet up at the market to buy some food items.  After I left city hall, I texted him twice so he will know where I am already.  First text,  "I am now near Land Bank." - about 10 minutes (including traffic jam) from the market.  My second text, "I am now at Sabayle St." - about a minute from the market.   Few seconds, after I sent the second message, the vehicle passed by the gasoline station.  I was lost in thought.  Thinking about the letter request I am going to write.  After about a minute or so, I saw Pat standing by the side of the road (left side), looking at his cellphone.   I told myself, "Hala, si Pat ay.  Nag unsa man na siya diri?" (Hey, it's Pat.  What is he doing here?).  I got confused what he is doing there at this time of the day.  Then my vehicle passed by him but he did not see me as he was still looking at his cellphone.  And when I turned right, I saw something that made me snapped into the present...  

I WAS ALREADY AT THE MARKET!

And Pat was there because we were going to meet up.  Sheesh!  I can't help but laugh at myself.  And I can't contain myself so I told Pat what just happened to me.    He smiled and hugged me.  And jokingly told me that next time, he will prepare an ID for me to wear wherever I go so in case I get lost and forget who I am, where I live or who my husband is, I'll have something to show someone to assist me.  :-) 


4 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww.... kachweet jud aning mag-asawa ui.... ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super like ang kasweetan, hehe. nice post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops... sorry Jam... mura nalevat ko pagreply... Lai man ako nabutang, hehehe... og now lang nako nabantayi... sori :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails