Friday, May 18, 2012

Two Leaves. Two Lives

On December 13, 2003, when I have finally decided to accept the marriage proposal of Pat and set a date for the wedding, I wrote a letter that I plan to read during our wedding.  But somehow, I felt shy reading it in front of the witnesses in the church.  So, I just kept it to myself.  Today is May 18.  Eight years have passed since I walked down the aisle to say "I do". 

As Pat and I are now in our 8th year wedding anniversary, and more than 9 years of being together, I would like to take this opportunity to tell him (and the world!), how I felt that day when I finally decided to marry him.  Below is my letter to my husband, Pat, written more than 8 years ago.

Dearest Pat my Gen,

The day you came into my life, I thank God.  I thank Him for all the blessings He has given me. For providing me with all my needs.  And for not answering some of my prayers 'cause I know that He has something in mind.

Just when I was ready to accept the possibility that I may stay single for the rest of my life.  You came.  We got along so quickly.  And as the days passed, I know I finally said the right prayer.  

But doubts run in my mind everyday.  Fear of the future kept crossing my mind.  Worry took hold of my thinking to the point that it got me sick.   

But you were always there to reassure me.  I know I've been unfair to you and I am very sorry.  You've given up so much for me.  I just know God has answered my prayer. 

I am not sure what tomorrow brings.  I am not sure what our future will be.  I am not sure what God planned for us.  But one thing I am sure of.  If I am not going to give this a chance.  If I am not going to give you and me a chance.  If I am not going to give our love a chance.  I'm sure, I am going to regret it for the rest of my life. 

http://yaymicro.com/stock-image/dry-leaves-background/42459
For when I see us, 
     I see two leaves from two different trees, 
          yet somehow, the edges fit together like pieces in the puzzle.

When I see us, 
      I see peace...  as I am at peace with you.

When I see us, 
      I see love ...  the love that you freely give me.

When I see us, 
      I see forever....  because I want to be with you forever.

If there is someone that I'd want to grow old with, I want him to be you.

I love you.
        
                                                       Binky, your Baks   :-)

Happy anniversary to my one and only love of my life.  my only gen.  my only pat.  I love you very much. muah!   I look forward to more years with you.    :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails